Sunday 6 April 2014

Micellar Water

I have quite a few Micellar water and I have been trying them all to write a comparison and review.

First off is of course the famous Bioderma Sensibio H2O - Micelle Solution
This was the first micellar water I tried, and I was at Poland at that moment.
My friend Anna raved about it and I had no idea what was going on and just used it to remove my make up. 
It worked surprisingly well (surprising because I was clueless about its fame) and I tried to look for it in UK and that was when I realise the whole RAVE about it.
This is expensive to get in UK, I managed to get it at Escentual and it was buy 1 get 1 for free at that moment so I paid £9.99 and got 2 instead of 1.





So I bought an alternative, which is Eau Thermale Avène Micellar Lotion 



This is lovely. It has a scent to it, which all Avène products have, almost a little floral?
I personally like the scent and feel that this is gentle and I like that it is targeted at sensitive skin, just like Bioderma.
This, actually cost me more than the Bioderma since it costs £12.50 at Boots. 
However, you do not have to buy it online and can just pick it up at Boots or Superdrug and it really is gentle.
This is actually my favourite for that reason.





This is 200ml and is usually £4.99 but whenever it goes on sale you can get it for about £3 plus at Boots of Superdrug.
I am almost completely done with this, so I can give you a genuine and personal review.
This works well on my skin because I have combination skin, but I imagine it to be quite drying if you have normal and especially dry skin because it leaves my skin JUST shy of tight.
It removes everything well and I always do a second cleanse afterwards but I did enjoy using this.
Will I be repurchasing? Probably not because I prefer the next micellar water.......





I bought this at the same time that I bought the Loreal one, but I have only used this a few times, mainly because I immediately realise I prefer this, and I wanted to finish up the Loreal one.
First off, this is 400ml for £4.99 but on discount, you can get it at £3 plus as well.
That means it is 1/2 the price of the Loreal one because of the quantity!
It feels more gentle, more like Bioderma than anything else because it is not scented, and it is not as drying as the Loreal one.
Would I be repurchasing this? Yes but probably not anytime soon because this is so big!




If you have really sensitive skin and have the time to wait, I will recommend Bioderma, after all it is the ORIGINAL Micellar water.

If you have really sensitive skin and need a product instantly, Avene is probably your go-to.

If you have more oily skin, you can try the Loreal one but really, that is the one I would not recommend because you can just pick up the Garnier one, which in my opinion is better and cheaper!


I hope this is helpful =)





PS.
A quick pop into Space NK and I am hooked. First off, 1 point per £1 spent and £5 reward when you spend £100?
How do I not know this prior to this.
I am hooked, but also extremely skint, so next month, I know where I am going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS