Friday 6 March 2015

Fav Five - Blushes

I was not too sure what Favourite Five to feature on my blog as some are really difficult to come decide whereas some I really have less than 5 favourites..... and then I thought, hang on there, I have LOADS of blushes and it is an easy one for me to pick my favourites!

In no real particular favourite order,

NARS Matte Multiple in Laos
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Mood Light
Clinique Cheek Pop Peach Pop
Benefit Benetint
Benefit Dandelion Box of Powder




I love blush and will pick blusher over bronzer every single time. I do love a good highlight on top of blusher to really make things pop, but some of these are shimmery enough to not need anything else on top.
NARS Matte Multiple in Laos is a pinky colour (similar to MaxFactor Miracle Tough Creamy Blush in Soft Pink) which is super handy and I always take it travelling with me.
For a more precise look I use a stippling brush but fingers to blend is easy and good enough as it is creamy and easy for on the go.




Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Mood Light looks almost purple, definitely with some mauve undertones but it translates to a pinky colour on my cheeks. This has a soft glow about it and I tend not to top it up with anymore highlighter and is an easy multi-tasker. It is hard to overdo this blush and at the same time, a little goes a long way. I am interested in investing in one of the Ambient Lighting Powders as a setting powder because I am impressed with this.




Clinique Cheek Pop Peach Pop is a bit of a funny find. I set out to buy Ginger Pop but it was out of stock and I tried this on and decided I liked the colour as well. The consistency is almost like cream but it looks like a powder once it is on, a bit of a hybrid product. The colour is beautiful and I would purchase the Ginger Pop but cannot quite justify it.




Benefit Benetint is the only liquid blusher featured here. I have Posietint and ChaChaTint as well but Benetint remains the original and the best. This gives a subtle flush of colour and I especially love how it looks on the lips as well, definitely a multi-tasker. This is red in colour but looks like I have just gone out for a run or come in from the cold, rather than straight up red in the face.
(I have no picture for this as it is at my boyfriend's! I am really sorry)




Benefit Dandelion Box of Powder is a very pale pink powder which can be used as a brightening face powder. I like to pile this on for a beautiful blush on the cheeks. It may not show up on you if you are darker/more tanned than me (Mac NC20) but I love this and have finished at least 1 box up, hit pan majorly on my full-size and have a mini one as well. I sometimes use the little brush which comes along but often just use my blush brush and then use it all over the face slightly to set my make up.


These are my Favourite Five Blushers from my pile of blushers. Are you a blush kind of girl and what are your recommendations/favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS