Friday 3 April 2015

Fav Five Eyeliners







Eye of Horus Goddess Pencil - Brown
This brown is really beautiful and I use it both smudged out and by itself if I prefer a less obvious made up look and to pretend that I am not wearing eyeliner.
I really like this pencil and will be buying more colours when I get round to buying make up!
This has not smudged on me but is creamy when you first use it and the smudger actually works nicely to blend it out (but be sure to be relatively quick! once it sets. It SETS)
Interestingly when I used a wipe, this and the Nars Larger Than Life did not wipe away, I had to use a little bit of make up remover to get it off properly!


Shu Uemura Calligraphy pen
This does not get much attention/love online. Although I feel that way about most Shu Uemura products, which is a shame as I think they are a really good brand. This is a brush style nib and is the only liquid I keep around. Granted, I cannot afford Tom Ford and Kat Von D is not very accessible here in UK, I have tried a fair few and this is my favourite as it does not smudge and is easy enough to do thick or thin lines and flicks because the brush really tapers to an end.


Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal in Bronze
Possibly the cheapest of the bunch, this Rimmel eye pencil is available on the high street and is usually on some sort of discount or buy 3 get 2 and whatever else. There is a slight shimmer running through and sometimes I use this and it almost doubles up as an eyeshadow. 
This pencil comes in various colours but this is my favourite!


Nars Larger than Life Long Wear Eyeliner in Black
Out of all the pencil/kohl pencils, this is not a sharpening type, it is actually a twist up with a little sharpener just for the tip!
This is really jet black and so creamy. I love that it is matte and is excellent for tightlining.
I also really like that I don't have to sharpen this, the twist-up is a genius idea.
Interestingly when I used the wipe, this and the Eye of Horus did not wipe away, I had to use a little bit of make up remover to get it off properly!


Sephora Contour Eye Pencil 12Hoour wear (waterproof) in Sailor Suit
This final one is the fifth of the favourites. The rest are in no particular order, but this does not rival the rest. I like that this does not smudge and the silver shimmer actually translates more like glitter. Although it is beautiful, I don't tend to use this as it is definitely a night time eyeliner due to the glitter, and I tend to wear navy/dark blue at night as opposed to in the day time...


Here they are swatched, with the first being all smudged out to show you how it looks.
All the eyeliners I have picked do not smudge once they set, which is the most important factor for me.
I hope this has been helpful to you in the hunt for the perfect eyeliner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS