Sunday 31 May 2015

May Favourites

An array of products have made it into this month's favourites and a few good trusty products are from the drugstore!






Stella McCartney Stella Eau De Toilette Spray
I was not sure how I felt but I was reaching for this daily and even keep it in my bag for a quick spritz to cheer myself up. Almost an understated love, I put this in this month's favourites as I realise that I really must like it if I use it daily!




Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Melting Cleansing Gel
I like this product so much that it has made it into three posts in a row! It first featured in the empties, which really was the reason I bought a full size at Escentual, and I bought a full size because I loved it so much, hence the appearance here! This is just a really nice texture. I would say it looks like a gelee but does not feel like one at all. I like that it is not a balm as it feels lighter, but melts into an oil effortlessly (seriously!) and I remove with a face towel. I do not like rinsing this with water as I feel like it does not rinse clean. Caroline Hirons would also haunt you in your sleep. LOL.




Bar Soaps
I have less empties than usual as I have been using quite a lot of bar soaps. Well, I don't go through them very quickly, but it certainly means that I am not using the liquid soap sitting on the side. The newer formulations are not as drying and just feels really clean. I have had a recent falling in love with just good, trusty bar soaps! (The two featured are Lush The Godmother Soap and Scottish Fine Soaps Olive Soap)




Neutrogena T-Gel Shampoo
This is the cheapest shampoo that I have found which works on my hair! It does not leave my scalp feeling dry or tight and no flakes are to be seen! As soon as I change back to a regular shampoo, my scalp goes crazy after the second wash.... I will repurchase this as it is affordable compared to the Aveda and Salon Science offerings.

L'oreal Hair Expertise Super Sleek Anti Frizz System Smoothing & Taming Conditioner
I love this conditioner so much. It is very creamy and just does not have the usual conditioner feel. It feels more creamy and I can almost feel my hair drinking it up! It is all very odd but I really feel like this has made a difference to my hair and it is almost as powerful as a hair mask. What is not to love? Oh yes, it also has a subtle smell which I enjoy.





Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Beige
This has been incredible and looks good on its own, and doubles up as a really good eye primer. I have been using this almost everyday and really enjoying this product. Best of all, it is a drugstore product, readily available and friendly to most of our wallets!

Guerlain Meteorites Powder
These look so pretty that part of me feel that I only love them so much because of how adorable they look. Okay, I know that is a lie as I really do feel like they make a difference. My makeup just looks better when I have just dusted this all over. It just looks more pulled together and diffused, almost softer. They are also incredibly pretty in the packaging. SO MUCH LOVE.

L'oreal Brow Artist Plumper
I love this, more than Benefit Gimme Brow, and it just is a good eyebrow product. In fact, I often use this by itself, without the Shu Uemura Hard 9 pencil as it is a more natural finish. Anything that helps me downsize in the number of products I use, is a plus in my books!

Maybelline Gel Liner
This is really long lasting and easy to use, it is also creamy and my weapon of choice when I have been wearing flicks on my eyes. I don't do flicks everyday anymore, but I still feel more myself when I have little flicks which lift my eyes.

Maybelline Sensational Mascara
I do tend to prefer high-end mascaras but this Maybelline offering has definitely changed my mind. I prefer this to Benefit Roller Lash Mascara, and just really like it. It lengthens and separates and just looks really natural. My lashes get clumpy quite quickly but not with this particular mascara!




Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector Balm in My Pink
I have been wearing this almost everyday and it is definitely showing a lot of wear. It gives a healthy pink glow which I love. It is very moisturising and definitely nourishes my lips if they are chapped.


Too Faced La Creme in Spice Spice Baby
This is definitely a rediscovery for me. I bought this a while ago but have recently rediscovered it and so I have been wearing it a lot. A quick sweep of this and I look more pulled together while not going completely over the top. The lipstick also has an orange scent to it, quite an uplifting orange scent.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS