Thursday 14 September 2017

Maybelline Hypersharp Eyeliner + Maybelline the Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara




The Maybelline duo came in a package from a Hermo order I placed. I thought it would be a brilliant way to try out the mascara and the eyeliner.



Let's start with the show stopper - the Maybelline the falsies push up drama mascara (waterproof, obviously) is all kinds of amazing. I was not expecting too much, since mascaras have a record of always disappointing me, but this was show stopping.





I cannot say I am the biggest fan of the packaging, I think it looks a little garish. However, I would put up with pretty much anything if it gives this kind of results! I had loved the Maybelline sensational mascara for fanned out lashes which are lengthened, this is that PLUS volume. It is not as subtle as the Maybelline sensational lashes, but I love it. 





Somehow, the brush works. It claims to be a sort of U shape which hooks under the lashes and help curl, lengthen and volumise. It is just epic and I am glad after asking Shivani (PenMyBlog) I decided to try it out!





The Maybelline Hypersharp Eyeliner in Black is all kinds of disappointing. I swear I have heard good reviews of this, so either my eyeliner was a dud, or it was one of the other Hypersharp Eyeliners which were recommended (I feel like there are a few different colours like yellow?)





The eyeliner pen nib is not felt tip, which some people prefer, but I like the brush tip because it does not dry out as quickly and the flexibility means you can get a finer line (although some people argue that the rigidity of the felt tip is easier to use).





However, when the lines produced are as watery brown as this, I am not interested at all. I shook the pen as much as I could and when it produced such lines, I was pretty much like "goodbye".

There are better eyeliners in the market for less (silkygirl perfect matte liquid eyeliner is a good example) and this was a really big disappointment from Maybelline. However, one winner and one not so great product is not too bad. I will definitely repurchase the mascara or try out the purple variation!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS