Saturday 16 September 2017

Sephora Points Perks


Not everything you see from this haul is paid for, in fact, I paid for 2 items and redeemded the rest of them!



Some of you may be aware of the Sephora points perks. For 100 points you can change for a small (deluxe) sample, for 300 points you can get 10% off your purchases and for 500 points, you get a set of items. This photo represents everything that I redeemed with my points!






 I redeemed my 500 point perk for this Skin Inc set which consists of the Vitamin A Serum, Chlorella Serum and Hyaluronic Acid Serum.







The idea with Skin Inc is that you are able to mix and match the serums according to your needs. For example Vitamin A Serum deals with uneven skin tone and dark circles so you can use that mixed with the Hyaluronic Acid Serum all over the face. I don't have a separate container to mix them in with so I just apply some on my finger tips and apply to the face!





The Chlorella serum deals with pigmentation so it might be a good one to try out on my jawline. I will report back on how I find these! Each serum actually dispenses out with little coloured beads matching to their container!







Now for the skincare items which I redeemed with 100 points each!





Now because I hear a lot about Skin Inc and my friend Bob loves their facials, I also redeemed another 100 point perk, the Skin Inc Pure Revival Peel.





This is to be applied to dry skin and left on for 30 seconds before you massage it in circular motions to remove dead skin cells. It is gentle and not stinging even for sensitive skin!




The applicator is small and precise so you can control how much product you dispense. The actual item is pretty tiny in size.





The product is clear and I only wanted a little here to try out if it is harsh and how effective it actually is.





After leaving it on for about 30 seconds, I proceeded to rub it in circular motions gently to see if there would be any visible difference.






Balls of dead skin started forming and it actually feels quite satisfying to use because your skin feels smoother and softer and you can see the dead skin cells! Although this is aimed at sensitive skin, do a patch test and do not use daily!





I also picked up the Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover because this is a cute travel size which I can refill and bring along with my travels.





Unlike the 100ml bottle which has a stopper so I find it hard to refill and reuse, this has a small bottle opening. So I redeemed this more for the packaging than anything else! I already know I love the formula of this and have purchased bottles of it. 





Last 100 point skincare item is the Boscia Clear Complexion Moisturiser. This feels really lightweight and does not leave a sticky residue. It will not be sufficient for drier skins but on my combination skin, I enjoy how lightweight and non-overwhelming it is!





The tarte tarteist matte lip paint in rose is a beautiful nude shade. I love dinky deluxe size lip products because they are so darn cute!





The doe foot applicator on this is pretty standard and because it is a deluxe size the wand is really short, which allows for precision. The actual full size product has a much longer wand.





This shade is really easy to wear and is a warm nude shade. I do find the formula drying after initial wear and it can grab on to lip lines a little more. The good thing is that it comes off easily with any wet wipes. It also disappears when you eat anything oily.





This is my second mini Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick. I cannot just redeem one lip product!





The packaging of Kat Von D products are quite edgy and sometimes I feel like I am not cool enough to be using these items.





The faux stud means that the packaging is easily recognisable and easy to grab when you want to pick a colour out of your lipstick collection.





The shade Mercy is a dark reddish purple which is very beautiful. It is pigmented and a satin finish.





The Make Up For Ever HD Powder has a cult following so when I saw it as a perk, I was all over it in a jiffy!





Of course, it was pretty tiny (larger than my By Terry Hydra Hyaluronic powder - which I love to bits but cannot afford) but it should be sufficient to test out the formulation.





The sample size has a slightly different packaging in that it does not have a proper sieve, just little holes for the product to be poured out to be used. I think this will affect the overall finish but cannot blame the company as the sieves would have cost quite a bit!





Be sure to watch out for a full on review of this once I have given it a proper run through.





The Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer is another cult classic. I don't actually know if I have tried this, I simply cannot recall so I thought I would give it a shot. This is usually included in many beauty boxes!





This is a silicone primer which fills out pores and smooths any lines. It is oil-free, non sticky and provides a very smooth surface for your foundation to go on.





I believe that if you use this with a water based foundation it would go really weird but with a regular foundation it performs very well and definitely extended the wear of my foundation.





With most Sephora orders if not all, you can choose 1 sample and I picked the June Jacobs Perfect Pumpkin Peeling Enzyme Masque. I have never tried the Peter Thomas Roth version so I will be unable to do a comparison but I am excited to try this out regardless!


As this has now become an impossibly long post, I am doing the actual products I purchased in another blogpost! Stay tune for it tomorrow!













































































No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS